Grady-White Spring Make Ready Checklist
The following are general guidelines. Check your Grady-White owner’s manual for specifics and more detail. See your Grady dealership for assistance.
- Inspect hoses, connections and tank surfaces.
- Replace components as needed.
- Verify all fittings and clamps are properly secured.
- Ensure the engine, exhaust, and all systems are functioning properly.
CABLES & HOSES
- Check for any flaws, cracks or brittleness in the control cables.
- Inspect fresh and raw water hoses/lines for cracks, swells, or any visible problem. Don't forget seacocks.
ELECTRICAL AND DIGITAL SYSTEMS
- Inspect all electrical connections for cleanliness and tightness; corrosion may require attention.
- Clean battery terminals with a wire bush if needed.
- If you notice any irregularities in electrical or digital systems, have them inspected by a qualified technician at your Grady-White dealership.
FLUID LEVELS AND HYDRAULICS
- Check hydraulic steering and trim tab levels. Top off if necessary.
- Change engine oil, oil filter and lubricants if these tasks were not done prior to winterizing.
PROPELLERS & HULLS
- Inspect propellers for dings, pitting, cracks or distortion.
- Make sure propeller is secured properly; replace parts as needed.
- Check hull for any cracks or dings.
- Check thru hull fittings for integrity.
- Clean the hull, deck, and topsides.
- Inspect life jackets to ensure they are in good condition; make sure there is one for each potential passenger.
- Check that fire extinguishers are fully charged, properly stowed and are the correct class for your vessel.
MOST OF ALL
Get more information on performance and efficiency.
Learn more about maintaining your Grady-White.
There are many ways to stay in touch with Grady-White! Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Submit your photos for a chance to be featured in our website or one of our publications! Check out our Customer Tips page for lots of useful information, and submit your own tips here. Check out the latest Grady-White news here, and find your local Grady Club to meet other Grady owners near you!