Stay refreshed my friends! Using the freshwater system aboard your Grady-White.
Every model Grady-White comes with an easy-to-clean fiberglass liner and every model is available with a freshwater system (standard on many models) that not only makes maintenance a breeze but washes off you, your glasses and the kids after they finally get out of the water. This pressurized system uses freshwater for a cockpit shower system (available on all models) and, on many models, the windshield wipers, galley sink, enclosed shower and the head sink. Freshwater aboard is a great convenience out on the water, at anchor and back at the dock.
- The boat’s freshwater system consists of a water tank and the cockpit shower. Some models also feature a water heater for use in the galley and at the cockpit or cabin showers, or at the rigging station sink. Freshwater is also provided for the windshield wiper-washers and in the head area on some models.
- The water pump is turned On and Off with a helm rocker switch or at the “Freshwater” breaker on the DC side of the main electrical panel in cabin boats.
- The location of your Grady’s water fill connection can be seen in your owner’s manual. Just stick a potable water hose in the connection and fill the tank until the fitting overflows. Make sure it’s potable water–suitable for drinking.
- When dockside, you can also pressurize the system, and keep it topped off, by hooking the potable water hose to a city water outlet.
- Available on some models, inside the cockpit is a freshwater washdown hose bib outlet to port of the battery selector switches, and a hot-and-cold shower nozzle at the transom door entrance, and a spigot at the bait prep station sink. The galley and head are also served by hot and cold running water.
- On Grady-Whites with water heaters, the water heater uses AC power supplied by shore power or the generator and is controlled by a rocker switch at the main electrical panel in the cabin.
In this video Eric Sorensen, author of Sorensen’s Guide to Powerboats, shows us a quick overview on how to
use the freshwater system on the Grady-White Express 330. Other models operate similarly.