First, connect to dockside power. Here’s how:
- Verify that the external power source is a 3-wire grounded system with amperage and voltage ratings compatible with the boat’s AC system ratings.
- Be sure there is sufficient cable length to allow for normal movement between the boat and the dock.
- Turn all AC panel switches (including the main) to the Off position. Turn the circuit breaker under the starboard gunwale to Off. Turn the circuit breaker at the dock outlet to Off.
- Connect the dockside power cable at the boat inlet first.
- Then connect the dockside power cable at the dock outlet, and turn the dock outlet circuit breaker to the On position.
- Turn the circuit breaker under the starboard gunwale to the On position. Note: Test circuit breaker monthly by pressing the test button and then resetting.
- Turn the shore circuit breaker on the AC panel to the On position.
Then, turn on the battery charger:
Flip the battery charger switch on the AC panel to the On position.
Note: The battery select switch(es) do NOT need to be turned on to charge the batteries.