Boat Handling & Seamanship
Enjoying Your Day, Comfortably
Performance & Efficiency
Ports of Call & Places to Anchor
Thermofoil (Wood-Grain Accents) Care and Cleaning Guide
Regular Care and Cleaning (normal maintenance)
- Always use mild dish soap and a cotton cloth or non-abrasive sponge for cleaning purposes.
- A 50/50 mixture of water and Simple Green is acceptable too.
Removal of Stains (includes makeup, ball-point ink, and other stubborn stains)
- Use a damp cotton cloth or non-abrasive sponge with a 50/50 mix of water and Simple Green.
- Scrub lightly until the stains have been removed.
- If stain remains, apply a product such as standard Fantastik or standard Formula 409. Lightly wipe for 10 to 20 strokes. If not successful apply 70% Isopropyl Alcohol to a cloth or sponge and lay it on top of the stain for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove and wipe. If stain persists, repeat alcohol application until stain is removed.
Note: DO NOT USE THESE CLEANERS!
- Any abrasive cleaner
- Most solvent based cleaners and harsh chemicals such as acetone, bleach, sink & toilet bowl cleaners
- Any cleaner in combination with a brush
- Cleaners containing ammonia
- Baking soda
WARNING: Use of the above cleaners can prematurely age or permanently damage the Thermofoil material, voiding the warranty on this product.