Boat Handling & Seamanship
Enjoying Your Day, Comfortably
Performance & Efficiency
Ports of Call & Places to Anchor
Grady-White Spring Make Ready Checklist
- Inspect hoses, connections and tank surfaces.
- Replace components as needed.
- Verify all fittings and clamps are properly secured.
- Ensure the engine, exhaust, and all systems are functioning properly.
CABLES & HOSES
- Check for any flaws, cracks or brittleness in the control cables.
- Inspect fresh and raw water hoses/lines for cracks, swells, or any visible problem. Don't forget seacocks.
ELECTRICAL AND DIGITAL SYSTEMS
- Inspect all electrical connections for cleanliness and tightness; corrosion may require attention.
- Clean battery terminals with a wire bush if needed.
- If you notice any irregularities in electrical or digital systems, have them inspected by a qualified technician at your Grady-White dealership.
FLUID LEVELS AND HYDRAULICS
- Check hydraulic steering and trim tab levels. Top off if necessary.
- Change engine oil, oil filter and lubricants if these tasks were not done prior to winterizing.
PROPELLERS & HULLS
- Inspect propellers for dings, pitting, cracks or distortion.
- Make sure propeller is secured properly; replace parts as needed.
- Check hull for any cracks or dings.
- Check through-hull fittings for integrity.
- Clean the hull, deck, and topsides.
- Inspect life jackets to ensure they are in good condition; make sure there is one for each potential passenger.
- Check that fire extinguishers are fully charged, properly stowed and are the correct class for your vessel.
MOST OF ALL
- Happy Boating!
Get more information on performance and efficiency.
Learn more about maintaining your Grady-White.
There are many ways to stay in touch with Grady-White! Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Submit your photos for a chance to be featured in our website or one of our publications! Check out our Customer Tips page for lots of useful information, and submit your own tips here.