Boat Handling & Seamanship
Enjoying Your Day, Comfortably
Performance & Efficiency
Ports of Call & Places to Anchor
Fish Salad by Nick Maraveyias
Looking for an excuse to go fishing? Search no further! The star of this recipe is fresh fish. You’ll enjoy the experience of the catch, your guests will love the results, and you just might have a few new fishing partners after they taste this easy, delicious, crowd-pleasing appetizer. Grab some crackers and whip up a batch!
This is a terrific appetizer that’s great for the holidays.
- 1 lb. cold, seasoned and grilled (well done) fish filet.
(Fresh grouper, snapper, tuna or wahoo are best.)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 sticks celery, chopped small
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped small
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/3 of a bunch of fresh dill, chopped fine (need lots of dill!)
- Approximately 1 cup (more or less) mayo.
Flake fish into a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice. Add chopped veggies and dill. Add the mayo. Mix well with a fork or potato masher. Fish should be blended fine and “wet” with mayo. If dry, mix in additional mayo. Serve with crackers.